For fans of Call of Duty Ghosts, today is your lucky day as Activision have confirmed details regarding the new Invasion DLC which will be released on June 3rd, exclusive to Xbox One owners. You’ll get access to four additional maps and an additional chapter in the popular Extinction mode for the game.
- Four new maps: Invasion will feature “Departed”, “Pharaoh”, “Mutiny”, and “Favela”
- Departed: A medium-sized map set in rural Mexico during the Day of the Dead festival. There will be a unique Death Mariachi killstreak after unlocking the map’s unique Field Order. “Armed with dual-wielding pistols, the Death Mariachi settles scores, with each kill turning enemy players into another member of the band, and a temporary squad mate.”
- Pharoah: A map set in an abandoned archaeological site in Egypt. Beware the collapsing pillars and face-eating scarab beetles.
- Mutiny: Arr, matey! Gun down your friends in the Caribbean, ye will. Unlocking the Field Order for this map means gaining two ghostey pirate-types to help you along your way.
- Favela: Favela will be making a return in Ghosts, in a refreshed state.
- New episode to Extinction mode: Invasion brings another chapter to Extinction mode. “In Awakening, the team descends into the perilous alien underworld to strike at the subterranean fortress of the Ancestors – the mysterious puppet-masters behind the Cryptid invasion. Armed with a range of new hi-tech weapons and equipment, the team must penetrate a series of defensive barriers to reach the Ark and unlock the secrets of the Ancestors’ psychic powers. As the final battle draws closer, the fate of the Earth and the future of the human race hang in the balance.”
There’s also an official trailer to show off the COD Invasion DLC – so check it out: