2K Games has now officially confirmed it’s plans to release the Borderlands 2 Add On Content Pack at retail.
As has been previously rumoured, it will feature previously released DLC expansion packs released for the game, Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty and Mr.Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage.
In addition, it’ll include the following:
- Play as a fifth character: Gaige, the Mechromancer;
- Fight challenging enemies in the Creature Slaughter Dome battle arena and earn Mad Moxxi’s rare rocket launcher;
- Unlock unique weapons including the Gearbox Gun Pack and Skyrocket Grenade;
- Customize each character with additional heads and skins;
- Receive a Golden Key to unlock rare loot from the golden chest in Sanctuary.
The Xbox 360 and PS3 product will launch worldwide on February 26, 2013 priced at $29.99. Interestingly, players will require a copy of Borderlands 2 to play the content, meaning that this not some all bundled GOTY edition will all DLC, it is a separate expansion that will require the main game in order to play.