Valve has finally released DOTA 2, one of the biggest MOBA games, on Mac and Linux.
The PC gaming giant finally released DOTA 2 on these platforms just days after the title was finally out of beta and into the full release stage, and they also revealed the system requirements for those platforms.
For Mac, the DOTA 2 system requirements are:
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (or later)
- 4GB RAM
- 8GB Hard drive space
- nVidia 320M or higher, or Radeon 7000 or higher, or Intel HD 3000 or higher
For Linux, the DOTA 2 system requirements are:
- Ubuntu 12.04 (or later)
- Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
- 4GB RAM
- 8GB Hard Drive Space,
- nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeaon HD2600/3600 (Graphic Drivers: nVidia 310, AMD 12.11), OpenGL 2.1
- OpenAL Compatible Sound Card
As well as this, the MOBA game is now a free to play title for Steam. Valve also pledged to add new players to the game in waves, so that the launch would be smooth and steady.
“The volume of players let in will gradually increase so we can spread the launch load out over time. For now, you’ll be added to the launch queue, and we’ll email you when we are ready for you to come play”.
But that isn’t the end, Valve also released a list of tweaks and changes to the game.
– Added automatic detection of GG calls in tournament and practice lobby matches, which then ends the game 10 seconds later.
– In the fantasy stats dropdown, players you have on any of your teams will be highlighted and mousing over them will list which of your fantasy teams they are on.
– Guild invitations now display who’s inviting you, and how many members the guild has.
– Added a tournament drop for early roshan kills (before creeps spawn)
– Quick Cast now works on the portrait of your currently selected unit.
– Players can customize which messages appear on the Chat Wheel.
– Messages sent via the Chat Wheel appear with an arrow icon next to them.
– Calendar page now shows a list of tournament games per day.
– New Earthshaker model
– Updates to some Earthshaker effects
– Fixed Eclipse not always playing the missed Lucent Beam visual effects
– Made Abaddon’s Borrowed Time effect and healing more clear
– People who decline Matchmaking are temporarily restricted from searching for 45 seconds
– Parties are more likely to be matched against other similarly sized parties
– Reduced the average skill variance in games where there are 10 individual players
– When matching parties, the matchmaker now also considers the minimum experience level on both teams rather than just the average.
– Fixed a bug in the matchmaker that was causing it to insufficiently segregate players based on win count
– Fixed a bug that would cause excessive queue times, especially for large parties or high skill players
– Abaddon: Fixed Abaddon’s illusions applying Curse of Avernus
– Abaddon: Fixed Aphotic Shield being dispelled
– Abaddon: Fixed Mist Coil Heal/Damage order
– Dragon Knight: Fixed Dragon Blood’s bonus armor not showing properly in the UI
– Gyrocopter: Fixed the Fountain doing no damage to Gyrocopter ‘s Homing Missile
– Io: Fixed Tether sharing mana regeneration when you have full mana
– Io: Fixed Spirits initially spawning 250 units away instead of 150 units
– Medusa: Fixed various spells being unable to remove the stun from Stone Gaze
– Medusa: Fixed Stone Gaze facing requirement not taking into account distance once the debuff is added
– Necrolyte: Fixed several specific heroes being unable to buyback for the rest of the game if they died to Reaper’s Scythe.
– Omniknight: Fixed Guardian Angel not affecting Siege units
– Silencer: Fixed Curse of the Silent being removed by Aphotic Shield/Manta
– Slark: Fixed Pounce’s Leash getting dispelled
– Visage: Fixed being able to dodge Soul Assumption
– Fixed the free courier in Mid Only not always being controllable if you selected your hero too late
– Fixed Backswing behavior for: Soul Rip, Tombstone, Cold Feet, Ice Vortex, Chilling Touch, Enfeeble, Shallow Grave, Thunder Strike, Kinetic Field, Static Storm, Malefice, Midnight Pulse, Howl, Stifling Dagger, Static Link, Shrapnel, Psionic Trap, Whirling Axes (Ranged), Storm Bolt, God’s Strength, Wave of Terror, Venomous Gale, Shadow Word, Fatal Bonds, The Swarm, Time Lapse, Maledict, Overpower and Ice Shards
– Non-default announcers will now comment on pick/ban phases.
– Windows Mixer control for Dota2 no longer resets to full volume on start up.
– Music volume floor goes to 0.