I don’t know why but this game seems to have slipped under the radar slightly from certain reviewers/critics with its outrageously ridiculous server issues. Seems most are really enjoying the games single player mode without really diving into this area too much…maybe because they can’t really do so at the moment, but still not really any mention from most.
Since the 27th of February I have only been able to connect online on Drgaonball Xenoverse ONCE…on day one in fact. Every other day I have had to play offline due to server errors. I wanted this to be the game that I could finally enjoy Drgonball again and with friends, except this time I could play alongside them online, from my PC of all places!
I was really enjoying day one, fighting together with friends in the Dragonball universe. But after several hours I was met with certain errors while connecting. Disconnecting and reconnecting gave me some hope as after 10 or so attempts I would be able to sneak into a game before being kicked for being “idle”, which made no sense as I was paying the whole time.
But as with all major releases, we are seeing a trend of these server problems, in most cases these problems happen release day and maybe carry on for a couple of days until problems are ironed out. Sadly, Drgaonball Xenoverse has been out now for close to 2 weeks with no sign of being able to connect.
Hopefully this is about to change with Bandai Namco announcing a new 1.0.2 patch coming soon, but will require maintenance beforehand to get raid for said update.
See below for Bandai Namco’s patch notes and server maintenance times found here on their Facebook page:
Hello Time Patrollers!
Read on for the latest Dragon Ball XENOVERSE updates:
– Player Match (1v1, 2v2, 3v3) are functioning properly on all platforms. This mode is accessible from ‘Player Match Online’ desk in Toki Toki City.
– Multi Lobbies and Single Lobbies functioning properly on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 and we are still continuing to work on improvements on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC/Steam.
Please note that your network status can also affect the server connection.
Compatibility Patch 1.02:
– On March 10th, we will release Dragon Ball GT Pack 1 compatibility patches for Playstation 4, Playstation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
– This patch will ensure compatibility with the new content of the DLC Pack 1 to be released soon and will improve several issues as you can read below.
– We will have new details regarding the online events in the comings weeks!
To implement this update, we will be conducting server maintenance during the following times:
March 10th 5:30PM to 9:00 PM JST
March 10th 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM CET
March 10th 1:30 AM to 5:00 AM PDT
Full Patch Notes
-Added data for Dragon Ball GT Pack 1
-Fixed English dialog and subtitle inconsistencies
-Fixed issue where “Reversal” evaluation could not be earned in Quests
-Fixed issue where some materials could not be earned in Quests
-Fixed issue where player could not be revived from downed state
-Implemented online event functionality