As is pretty standard these days, the game comes with a sizeable day one patch. However, it comes with some rather nice: an extra challenging difficulty level called Expert Mode.
Below, you can find a list of everything Expert Mode brings to the table.
- Players’ health has been halved compared to Hard difficulty.
- Reduced players aim assist.
- AI shoots faster by 1/3
- Enemies in combat are not shown on mini map by default (they appear only if they are tagged).
- It takes the AI a longer time to “forget” you when you hide
- The aim assist box is reduced for several weapon types (bow, club, spear)
- The player’s damage is reduced
So thankfully, it’s not just a slapdash “take more damage and deal less” affair.
The full patch, which weighs in at 564MB on PS4 and 561MB on Xbox One, also comes with the usual fixes to gameplay, graphics and performance.
You can find the full list of improvements below.
Stability & Performance:
- Optimisation and stability have been improved
- Improved lighting
Weapons & HUD:
- Improved reticle display
Wildlife & AI:
- Improved beast companion behavior
- Fixed rare animation issues
- Improved visual of the mammoth when it destroys objects
- Improved animal fighting behavior when triggering a fight
Design & progression:
- Tweaked and balanced XP rewards
- Tweaked the damage ratio of certain recipes
- Improved overall balancing
- Improved animations of weapons on fire
- Fixed issues with lit weapons during cinematics at night
- Improved player navigation and small collision issues
- Improved camera transition and minor collision issues on cinematics