Final Fantasy 15 is easily one of the most anticipated game releases of 2016, and the title has had quite the journey to our homes. Square Enix announced that FFXV’s release date would be pushed back from September 30th to November 29th to avoid the need to release a patch on day one to fix bugs within the game. Well, surprise – there’s still going to be a day one patch, but this patch isn’t focused on fixing bugs and glitches, but instead aims to improve your Final Fantasy 15 experience by adding in additional features and content!
The day one patch, known as the ‘Crown Update’ will add the following into FFXV:
- The camera gets some improvements for following action in combat and narrow spaces
- The “Wait Mode” function that stops time in combat when you’re not giving commands is expanded with an ability tree for more strategic options
- Event scenes from both Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy 15 and the “Omen” trailer are added to the game to flesh out the plot for newcomers
- A new “Beast Whistle” lets you call monsters to you
- More recipes and fish varieties are available in-game as well as a gallery for viewing your culinary conquests
- Prompto’s camera gets Facebook and Twitter integration for easily sharing photos.
The patch is quite hefty at 7.7 GB, so for folks wanting to just jump into FFXV on a slower connection I can certainly understand your frustration, but the camera, wait and various event scenes alone make the Crown Update patch well worth the time to download… perhaps just plan ahead and get a coffee or 3 while you’re waiting.
Remember, FF15 will be released on both the PlayStation 4 (and does include PS4 Pro) and the Xbox One on November 29, 2016. So if you’ve not already done so, be sure to watch KingsGlaive before you play it to get the most out of the games story.
Order Final Fantasy XV from amazon (affiliate links)