Sony has confirmed that Gran Turismo 6 will be released on the PS3, as well as revealing a ton of gameplay details.
As mentioned, Sony released a ton of information on the game, (including its christmas Playstation 3 release), including a ton of news and info on the cars, tracks (one of which will be the UK’s Silverstone, for the first time in the game’s history) and even changes to the physics engine. We covered most of the details in our news video below, but as mentioned I will go through the ins and outs here.
Among other things (which I will list below) there will be 33 new tracks, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of which will be new as well as a staggering 1200 cars.
You can also view the screens in the gallery at the bottom of this article.
Summary of new Gran Turismo 6 features
New Game Engine
- Compact, nimble operation
- Flexible expandability
- A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
New Physics Engine
- New suspension and kinematics model
- New tire model
- New aerodynamics model
- Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive
1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
- From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
- Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
- Players can create their own personalized custom car in the game.
- Cars will be continually added online
33 locations, 71 layouts
- 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
- More new tracks will continue to be provided online
New Course Maker
- Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
- A new course generation algorithm
- Players can form their own communities
- Various community levels from local and domestic to global
- Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
New User Interface
- Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
- Quick response
- Shortening of loading times
Multi Device Compatibility
- Smart Phone
Cars featured on the GT6 Silverstone demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo):
- Acura NSX ’91
- *Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale ’11
- *Alpine A110 1600S ’68
- *Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car ’86
- Ferrari 458 Italia ’09
- *Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71
- Ford GT ’06
- *KTM X-BOW R ’12
- Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74
- *Light Car Company Rocket ’07
- McLaren MP4-12C ’10
- *Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11
- Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) ’08
- Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) ’08
- Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) ’12
- *Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
- Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version)
- *Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12
- Toyota 86 GT ’12