A rather intruiging rumor has surfaced, with thanks to some screenshots allegedly leaked from the Playstation MVP program.
According to the leak, Sony is currently in the beta testing phase for the next update to the PS4, update 2.50, which will contain the rather long awaited feature suspend/resume.
According to Gematsu, the update will contain the following features.
– The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in Power Save Setting > Set Functions Available in Rest Mode.
– Accessibility has been added to Settings. You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.
– Delete trophies with zero percent.
– Search trophy details on the internet, including screenshots of scenes with trophies.
– SharePlay at 60 frames per second.
– Share trophy details and screenshots.
The original images responsible for these rumors (which were posted via Twitter) have unfortunately vanished, but another user has tweeted regarding the suspenc/resume feature finally coming to the Playstation 4.
So, it’s all rather interesting. Suspend/resume is something we’ve been waiting on for quite a long time, and obviously Microsoft’s Xbox One has been boasting this feature for a while now. While this would be a very late entry from Sony, I think we can all agree that late is a lot better than never.