Capcom has released some quite nice details about the recently revealed Agent Hunt multiplayer mode for Resident Evil 6, such as how to access it and how it will work.
In the newly announced Agent Hunt mode, players will be able to enter the games of other people (these people have to elect to allow this to happen, so no worries there) and play as zombies (or perhaps even other types of monsters) in an attempt to hunt them down. Here are the details of how to access this mode once the game has been released:
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns.
- When creating a Resident Evil 6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt.
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game.
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session (please note only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions).
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area.
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish.
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies.
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies.
All of this is sounding very awesome indeed, and I quite like the sound of pitting my wits against other people who are doing their damnedest to stop me. Sounds like a nice chance from your standard run-and-gun gameplay that you might ordinarily get in multiplayer. I am not usually someone who cares for multiplayer, but this mode may just be enough to get me playing it when Resident Evil 6 comes out on October 2.