Sega has announced the first campaign expansion for Total War Rome 2, which is called Caesar in Gaul.
This campaign DLC is set for release December 12 for £9.99/€14.99/$14.99, and will allow players to choose from four playable factions, Gallic Arverni, Germanic Suebi, Belgic Nervii and Rome in a conflict based around Caesar’s Commentaries on the Gallic War.
Mike Simpson, who is Total War’s creative director said;
“We’ve also improved the game considerably since launch, and that process continues as we move onto substantial feature and gameplay improvements.”
You can find a full list of features added below.
Caesar in Gaul features
- New campaign map: The expanded map of Gaul and southern Britannia brings 18 provinces to conquer, fully detailed with resources, settlements, capitals, and new environmental effects.
- Greater focus on characters: Play through the campaign with faction-leading avatars such as Caesar and Vercingetorix.
- 24 turns per year & seasons: A shorter campaign timespan (58-51BC) means each in-game year is split into more turns. As the calendar changes, so do the seasons, bringing seasonal gameplay effects and stunning visual alterations.
- New mid-game challenge mechanics: Caesar in Gaul replaces ROME II’s civil war with different, conflict-appropriate mechanics. As barbarian players progress, they’ll begin to feel the mailed fist of Rome as heavy intervention forces are sent to Gaul. Likewise, Roman players will see the tribes rebelling and forming alliances.
- Compact, focussed multiplayer campaign: With a tighter geographic scope and faction-roster, 2-player campaigns are more focussed and less time-consuming than the full ROME II campaign.
- New historical battle: Surrounded and outnumbered, take on the role of Caesar as he fights the last desperate, decisive engagement of the Gallic War: the battle of Alesia.
- New Total War: ROME II playable factions: Alongside the factions playable in Caesar in Gaul, several playable factions are also unlocked in the full ROME II campaign: the Nervii, the Boii and the Galatians.
- New units: A raft of new battlefield units is unlocked for the Boii, the Galatians, the Nervii and the Gallic tribes, plus new auxiliary and mercenary units.