Ahh, Uncharted. I love this series of games, and certainly one of my favorite console games out there. I played the first one awhile after it’s initial release, picking up a used copy from a store as I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it (I’d been tempted by the excellent demo and review, but the Tomb Raider franchise had killed most of my enthusiasm for the genre).
It wasn’t until I’d played it for a couple of hours did I realize I’d been foolish to wait for so long, and that I should have bought it immediately upon release. The second and third game (although sadly, the third still awaits for completion, as I’m about half way through and just haven’t had time to continue it!) were just as good, with excellent voice acting and the kind of thrills and excitement you’d expect from a Hollywood blockbuster.
I never was that keen on the multiplayer though, but for those folks who’re still playing this online, the Playstation blog has details on the new update for Uncharted 3.
Hit the jump for the full list of changes, or click on the link above for the video from Naughty Dog!
– The Lab returns and we begin the playlist with a T-bolt/Pistole-only map. We will be rolling out other game types as the year progresses.
- The Lab will contain treasure drops from whatever the base game type is (the T-bolt/Pistole map is considered Team Deathmatch)
– Elimination Mode has been added.
- Elimination mode will contain treasure drops from Team Deathmatch
– Message of the Day returns – a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information.
– The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called “Advanced Settings.”
- Respawn Time
- Buddy Spawning toggle
- Health Multiplier – by percentage
- Sprinting toggle
- Weapon Mode (Default, Basic Weapons, Pistols, RPG-7)
- Medal Kickbacks toggle
- Boosters toggle
- Grenade Throw Back toggle
– If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.
– Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes
– The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added
– In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with “No Intro” variations. If these variations are selected you’ll start those maps with no convoy events.
– The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.